Can An Old Dog Learn New Tricks?
It may be hard to believe, but there was a time not so long ago when Eko wasn't a ninety-five pound, fearless knucklehead. When I brought Eko home for the first time he was scared of just about everything, but luckily he had a big sister to help him along. My mom's dog, Scout, is about as gentle as they come and for months she kept an eye out for Eko whenever they were together.
Eko was still a gangly pup when we left on our road trip, but he returned to NJ a seasoned adventurer. Scout helped teach Eko the ropes when he was just a squirt, so now we're hoping to return the favor. Check out our attempt to teach an old dog a new trick!
As you can see, Scout still hasn't got the hang of the dog door quite yet. We've been practicing for a few days and I hope to have her bounding through the door Eko-style before we head back to Chicago.
Some of the best advice I have ever received about dogs has come from you guys, so if any readers out there have suggestions about how to train Scout please let me know!
Blogger Code of Ethics
The following guidelines are a commitment to the readers of this blog. It's expected that readers and commenters will abide by the same rules as the blogger. Understand that the blogger reserves the right NOT to post any comments he/she considers unworthy of sharing.
- We will tell the truth. We will acknowledge and correct any mistakes promptly
- We will only post comments that are on topic, conversational, and serve to entertain or educate
- We will not post comments that are spam, off-topic, rude, or defamatory
- We will reply to comments when appropriate as promptly as possible
- We will link to online references and original source materials directly
- We will disagree with others' opinions respectfully and expect the same from you